I love Saint Patrick’s day. L-O-V-E. Maybe it’s because my grandma is 100% Irish, or maybe it’s because I love bright colors and gold glitter. Either way – I love it. So I tend to go a bit overboard with activities and art projects around this big, green holiday!
I found this genius idea on an adorable blog called Crafty Morning. Honestly, I just wanted to make one of these for myself – but I knew the little ones would be mad if I didn’t include them. So I grabbed some supplies and we gathered around the table to make some.
- Colorful paper
- Gold glitter paper
- Tape or glue dots (we used both)
Head over to Crafty Morning for full directions (and be sure to check out all of her cute ideas)!
- Cut strips to make a chain. (We cut our paper into 1/2″ x 3-1/2″ strips. I wouldn’t recommend going much thicker than that.)
- Make a chain by following a red + orange + yellow + green + blue + purple pattern.
- Cut out and assemble the pot of gold. (If you’re not good at drawing, I made a template for the cauldron and gold. You can download the template here.)
- Attach to the necklace and voila!
Total project time: 20-minutes. This necklace is kid-approved, Mom-approved, and St. Paddy’s Day-approved! (You can view the rest of my St. Patrick’s Day projects here!)